It’s every guest’s responsibility to verify the travel requirements before the cruise departure. MSC Cruises has worked with the authorities in all of the regions and countries in which the ships operate to ensure its protocol meets and exceed the required health and safety measures. The below details are subject to change.
The below requirements are valid for cruises starting from 1st October 2022.
All Guests are strongly encouraged, but not required, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
When a Guest is considered "fully vaccinated"?
- Guests who have completed the primary vaccination program at least fourteen days prior to the date of departure. Vaccine accepted: vaccines approved by Anvisa, the World Health Organization or the authorities of the country where the traveler was immunized are used.
- Vaccination receipts must contain at least the name of the traveler and the following vaccine details: trade name or name of the manufacturer, doses applied, dates of application of doses. alternatively a validating documentation).
For Cruises less than 6 nights:
- For fully vaccinated Guests: COVID-19 test is recommended but not mandatory
- For non-vaccinated Guests (from 3 years old): COVID-19 antigen test or RT-PCR is required 24 hours before embarkation
For Cruises from 6 nights:
- All Guests (fully vaccinated and non-vaccinated) from 3 years old are required to provide a COVID-19 antigen test or PCR-RT test 24 hours before embarkation
All guests are recommended to travel with their COVID-19 vaccination status and test results. While the vaccination is not required for boarding it could be requested in various ports of call and at local attractions.
The original test results certificate and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID 19 test certificate must contain: guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the centre that performed the analysis, technique used and negative test result.
All Crew members are required to be fully vaccinated and regularly weekly tested according to MSC Cruises Health & Safety protocol.
For more information visit our FAQ section.
Please click here to check the requirements for MSC Grand Voyages cruises.
Last updated: 7th October 2022