IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION/PRE-BOARDING MEASURES AND SCREENING - TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
We will deny boarding in case of:
• Symptoms such as fever (>37,5 C C / 99.5 F), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell in the 14 days prior to embarkation
• Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation
• Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
For all sailings in the upcoming months, please note that all Guests will need to take an RT-PCR or antigen swab test prior to the ship’s departure:
• For departures from Italy: within 96 hours for Italian residents and within 48 hours for guests entering into Italian territory from abroad*.
• For departures from other European countries: within 72 hours (subject to change, latest information posted on the website/on this page)
The original test results certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) in order to embark on the ship. The certificate must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish and must contain: guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the centre that performed the analysis, technique used and negative test result. The test is not required for passengers under 2 years old. To allow a safe return home to our Guests in compliance with national regulations, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a molecular test (i.e RT-PCR) or an antigen test during their cruise. More information in the FAQ section.
*Includes anyone who has travelled to, from, or through the Schengen countries, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia in the past 14 days prior to the ship's departure.
The MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol is developed with the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group and MSC Grandiosa has obtained the Biosafe Ship additional class notation from RINA.