Elevated Standards of Sanitation and Cleanliness
We’ve taken our cleanliness and sanitation measures to the next level by implementing the highest standards of health and hygiene across our fleet:
- We have increased cleaning and disinfection frequency, introducing new cleaning methods and the use of hospital-grade disinfectant products
- Key venues and public spaces are sanitised frequently, with a focus on high-traffic areas and deep disinfection every night through electrostatic spray technology
- Cabins are meticulously cleaned on a daily basis, with careful attention to high-touch surfaces and additional deep cleaning at the end of each cruise
- All recreational and sporting equipment, fitness machines, sunbeds, outdoor furniture, toys, games and Kids Club equipment are sanitised after each use
One of the best ways to stay healthy is to keep your hands clean. We recommend that you wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser before any activity and before entering venues. For your convenience, we have increased the availability of hand sanitiser dispensers around the ship.
Only Fresh Air Supply
100% external fresh air is supplied to all cabins and public areas, with no recirculation between cabins or within the ship. Highly effective UV-C light technology will sanitise the air, killing 99.97% of all microbes.
Enhanced Medical Services With Highly Qualified Staff
All MSC Cruises’ ships are equipped with state-of-the-art medical services and an increased number of qualified medical staff onboard, supported by dedicated 24/7 ashore Medical Team.
- Our ships have a fully equipped Medical Centre including COVID-19 testing equipment and ventilators
- We continuously monitor the health of our guests and crew with contactless temperature checks during the cruise; in case of flu-like symptoms, guests should immediately notify the Medical Centre and free treatment will be provided
- Our medical staff is trained to deal with COVID-19 with a response plan in place in cooperation with local authorities
- We have established a comprehensive medical protocol to deal with suspected cases and dedicated isolation zones with separate air supply.
Responsible Social Distancing
We have redesigned activities, adapted our services and reduced venue capacity so our guests and crew can easily adhere to current social distancing guidelines. Whenever social distancing cannot be met in public places such as in the lifts, you will be asked to wear a face mask.
Well-Trained, Well-equipped and Healthy Crew
For the health of all our guests and crew, MSC Cruises ensures that all crew members are fully trained and follow strict health and safety preventive measures:
- Crew members undergo extensive screening and medical checks including COVID-19 testing prior to embarking in addition to daily health monitoring and temperature checks
- Crew members follow proper handwashing practices and wear protective equipment such as face masks and gloves.
We are committed to preserving the uniqueness of the onboard experience whilst ensuring that your health and safety are protected. You will continue to enjoy unique experiences including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty and fitness services, engaging events and much more.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
We have adapted our service and seating layouts to allow for social distancing, and all meals and drinks will be served at your table. Self-service at the buffet restaurant will be temporarily unavailable, and the food will be plated and served by our crew. For a contactless experience, you can access restaurant and bar menus from your personal mobile device by conveniently scanning a QR code.
If you wish to go ashore during your cruise, we highly encourage you to participate in one of our MSC Shore Excursions. On all our carefully selected and curated MSC shore experience, you can rest assured that every aspect of your time ashore meets the highest standards of health, hygiene and comfort.
For summer 2020 sailings, different conditions will apply. For more details, please download the dedicated factsheet for MSC Grandiosa and MSC Magnifica.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES
We are introducing newly designed onboard activities and entertainment for smaller group sizes. A wide array of activities including shows, entertainment and the Kids Club will be available by reservation at no extra charge.
As the capacity of the theatre will be reduced to ensure responsible social distancing, the entertainment schedule will be extended so you can still enjoy a great variety of award-winning shows.
OUTDOOR AREAS AND POOLS
All open decks will be accessible and pools, whirlpools and the Aquapark will be available with a reduced occupancy for social distancing. Sunbeds will be separated in clusters, sanitised after every use and deeper sanitation will take place every night.
To easily find information while avoiding queues, we encourage you to utilise our new Information Centre available by phone and digital services such as MSC for Me* (mobile app, interactive touchscreens, in-cabin Smart TV). Remote desks will be available on embarkation day for in-person questions. You should always call before going to any desk for information.
Cashless payments will be highly recommended.
*MSC for Me digital programme is available on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa, MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview, MSC Splendida and MSC Magnifica.